RPG Sanctuary
Notice a lot of our forums that you are unable to read and many that you cannot even see? That is because you are not logged in to an account on this forum. Please do so to post and view these areas with the bonus of avoiding the ads.

If you do not have an account yet, feel free to register one now.

-RPGS Staff
RPG Sanctuary
Notice a lot of our forums that you are unable to read and many that you cannot even see? That is because you are not logged in to an account on this forum. Please do so to post and view these areas with the bonus of avoiding the ads.

If you do not have an account yet, feel free to register one now.

-RPGS Staff
RPG Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The latest in laid back Role Playing

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  DonateDonate  SadhadurSadhadur  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should we restart a fresh? New site?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should we restart a fresh?
Yes
Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_vote_lcap100%Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 5 ]
No
Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_vote_lcap0%Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Unknown Assassin
Master
Master
Unknown Assassin

Male
Number of posts : 1447
Honors : Should we restart a fresh? New site? Adminhonour Should we restart a fresh? New site? HGMAward Should we restart a fresh? New site? Extremecontributorhonour
Registration date : 2008-04-30

OOC Character Profile
Name: Unknown Assassin
Race: [Unknown]

Should we restart a fresh? New site? Empty
PostSubject: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:03 am

It has been suggested in the Moderator forums that we should re-make the site brand new.

This is a Yes or No question, and due to the nature of how big a change this will be I will require over 70% majority Yes to move. If that majority is there I am willing to remake the site.

Any comments, suggestions, ideas etc post them here.

Cheers,
UA.

P.S I am also allowing you to change your vote. And I will take no action for at least another week whether 1 or 10 people vote. And I am withholding my opinion for now, it is up to you guys. And no I have not consulted Hunt about this, but unfortunately that is not possible at present.
Back to top Go down
https://rpgsanctuary.darkbb.com/

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 3:37 am

Will we be able to transfer any current RPs?

And will it look snazzy Razz
Back to top Go down
Unknown Assassin
Master
Master
Unknown Assassin

Male
Honors : Should we restart a fresh? New site? Adminhonour Should we restart a fresh? New site? HGMAward Should we restart a fresh? New site? Extremecontributorhonour

OOC Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:43 am

I'm sure you could transfer your roleplay's by remaking the thread, I'm not sure if I could move them for you. I don't know if I would stick with Forumotion, once this is decided I will go looking around and such.

It will look as snazzy as you want, I may need some help for that but I'm sure you can help me out. As in general such sites are fully customizable and if I have to go all the way into the HTML to do so, I will. Smile

Okay I will keep checking this, and I won't make any action until a week has past and we have at least 5 votes, so go kick those that don't visit often into voting.
Back to top Go down
Lin-tastic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 463

OOC Character Profile
Name: Aveline Eudoxia
Race: Grethian

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 7:31 pm

I'd be willing to help make sure certain topics are recreated in the new forum, should people ask. Just let me know what's what, okay?
Back to top Go down
Unknown Assassin
Master
Master
Unknown Assassin

Male

OOC Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:26 am

Due to the way the vote seems to be heading;

At present I am looking through hosts, I am looking for a Free Website host where I upload the forum rather than a free forum host as such. This is mainly due to it being completely customizable and thus freedom to change whatever is needed. But the down side is that there may be more issues with stability, support and errors in general (This greatly depends though, mainly on the host.).

The other downside is that we would be forced to use PHPBB 3. As I cannot afford to shell out a few hundred for a paid forum like IPB. And I'm not sure if IPB is better anyway.

But regardless, I don't have permanent employment and thus it will have to be a free host... like this one. So there are pluses and minuses with all the options. Feel free to offer any suggestions or merely to say which you prefer.
Back to top Go down
Dantai
Forum Man Whore
Forum Man Whore
Dantai

Male
Number of posts : 514
Honors : Should we restart a fresh? New site? MedC-1

OOC Character Profile
Name: Crimson
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:11 am

How would making a new site help? We're demotivated, and I don't see how the effort of rebuilding ourselves is gonna change that. Nor do I see it bringing in new members. But my main question is, are you gonna delete this site when you make the new one? If you won't, I'm game.
Back to top Go down
Unknown Assassin
Master
Master
Unknown Assassin

Male

OOC Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:59 pm

I would never delete this site. (Even if I could, I wouldn't.)

I original argument for changing seemed to be that it would mean we could re-structure the site, leave behind the various problems this site has had (We all know what that is referring too; it did seem that certain issues with members crippled the site when it was starting to look promising)

And perhaps the biggest reason of all, this site is stuck until Hunt himself returns. And while I have heard indications of what caused his absence, no one knows, or is willing to say if they do know, when he will be returning. As far as I know, it will be a very long time. (But again, no one knows and neither do I.)
Back to top Go down
Lin-tastic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

OOC Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:07 am

Well, considering he made you a site administrator, he's assuming that some big decisions will be made. It's not like we're really leaving the site forever or like we all will forget it's here, we're just trying to keep things as organized as possible, and sometimes organization means finding a new place for things to belong.

I think that we should move to a temporary site to give UA a chance to continue clearing things up without having to deal with constant new posts randomly in some forum topic that was 'dead' but not archived. That way, we can still RP and interact with each other without being in his way.

Of course, I would suggest going through the people still here and making one or two of them in charge of the new site, having UA be the official site manager, and a few next-step-down people, and four or so moderators, until more people come along. I'll be happy to advertise, legally, on other sites about it, if need be. lol

And like he said, he wouldn't delete this thing, even if he could. Plus, it'd give him a place to go to when he's bored of cleaning. xD
Back to top Go down
Lin-tastic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

OOC Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:08 am

Sorry for all the second/third/random person/pronouns I used, just the best way to talk. C:
Back to top Go down
Unknown Assassin
Master
Master
Unknown Assassin

Male

OOC Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:27 am

Lin-tastic wrote:
I think that we should move to a temporary site to give UA a chance to continue clearing things up without having to deal with constant new posts randomly in some forum topic that was 'dead' but not archived. That way, we can still RP and interact with each other without being in his way.

Of course, I would suggest going through the people still here and making one or two of them in charge of the new site, having UA be the official site manager, and a few next-step-down people, and four or so moderators, until more people come along. I'll be happy to advertise, legally, on other sites about it, if need be. lol

And like he said, he wouldn't delete this thing, even if he could. Plus, it'd give him a place to go to when he's bored of cleaning. xD

Well, I'm touched that you make it sound like running the site is some kind of painful onerous task. I would just like to say that I really don't mind, and your decisions should not be based off me. I'll manage either way. But thanks for your concern Lin Smile
Back to top Go down
Lin-tastic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

OOC Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:27 am

Well, it's a rationalization, I suppose...lol But even so, somehow I feel kind of in the way of changing things around here. I mean, I posted in my ancient RP on vampires vs. werewolves and kinda wanna get it started, even if it is just between me and Ada, but that'd be adding to the "clutter" as you put the old topics in the archives...

Also, if we're still here, we might ask to revive old topics. I know it's not exactly a bad thing to ask it (or to just do it for some of us with given permission) but it's still kinda...I dunno. It's just me being weird. Razz

And honestly, I'm pretty sure it is for the busy sites out there...something I hope this becomes...
Back to top Go down
Unknown Assassin
Master
Master
Unknown Assassin

Male

OOC Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:39 am

Okay, well in any case. The investigations into hosts, platforms, forum types and such shall continue until the decision is made.
Back to top Go down
Lin-tastic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

OOC Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:40 pm

So when would a decision be made and who would make it? I mean, since Hunt hasn't been here for a while yet and you're the only other administrator...>,>
Back to top Go down
Unknown Assassin
Master
Master
Unknown Assassin

Male

OOC Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:50 pm

When I feel there are enough votes and also when I find a suitable new home for us. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:30 pm

If you need any moderators or anything like that I'd be very willing, I'm quite reliable about those sorts of things and I'm on here often Smile
Back to top Go down
Unknown Assassin
Master
Master
Unknown Assassin

Male

OOC Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:51 am

Indeed, I will need some minions to help me out Very Happy But we will see, as I don't like playing favorites and I don't want people getting shitty because someone else got what they wanted. Smile (I've had to deal with small children all day... can you tell?) -.-;;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 3:49 am

Haha that's fine Smile let me know if you need anything x
Back to top Go down
Lin-tastic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

OOC Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:21 am

Same here. C:
(Strangely enough, that's for both: helping out and dealing with little kids; yesterday, anyways.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:49 pm

Me and Dan could take over Realistic again, it's our playground =P
Back to top Go down
Unknown Assassin
Master
Master
Unknown Assassin

Male

OOC Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:38 am

We shall see. Probably, depends if I'm in a good mood Razz

I could give it to Ruby to spite you xD
Back to top Go down
Ruby
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Ruby

Female
Number of posts : 1113
Honors : Should we restart a fresh? New site? MedC Should we restart a fresh? New site? MedA x2 Should we restart a fresh? New site? Extremecontributorhonour
Registration date : 2008-05-14

OOC Character Profile
Name: Ruby
Race: Gemstone

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:00 pm

Give me what??? Realistic??? Lol, to be somewhat diplomatic here, we all know that Dan and Andz are probably somewhat more realistic than I... apparently, since they are from the motherland and we are naught but colonists.. XD

Oh, Dan and Andz, should you ever feel the need to bring up that fact ever, whether as a joke or not, I'd think twice about it...

UA, msg me in regards to what you're thinking... or go to the council chambers so we can figure out how this is gonna work...
Back to top Go down
Unknown Assassin
Master
Master
Unknown Assassin

Male

OOC Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 2:11 am

What I'm thinking... Ooooo creepy.
Back to top Go down
Unknown Assassin
Master
Master
Unknown Assassin

Male

OOC Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:56 am

Okay I have started construction of a new site on a new host. I should have it up and running in the next day or so. Sit tight, just need to set up enough of it to make it functional for the masses as such.
Back to top Go down
Ruby
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Ruby

Female
Number of posts : 1113
Honors : Should we restart a fresh? New site? MedC Should we restart a fresh? New site? MedA x2 Should we restart a fresh? New site? Extremecontributorhonour
Registration date : 2008-05-14

OOC Character Profile
Name: Ruby
Race: Gemstone

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:11 am

UA, i always wanna know what you're thinking.. Wink after all, it can't be as creepy as what i'm thinking... looking fwd to seeing the new site...
Back to top Go down
Unknown Assassin
Master
Master
Unknown Assassin

Male

OOC Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:16 am

Okay I have set up a new site. Devoid of annoying little ads and such. And at present it is just a forum while I decide otherwise Smile

It will need plenty of graphics and such. And I'm sure there is a heap of things I have forgotten. But anyway... special thanks to Lin for supplying the Forum names and organisation for me. Brain is dieing and this helped alot.

So at present I'll use the normal url, but I may change it to a .co.nr just so it is shorter... and still free Very Happy

http://roleplayinginc.freehostia.com/

Perhaps cheesy and yes you may not like it etc etc. But as always you can approach me about any changes you like. As it stands I am looking at a few who I will offer special positions off power too Wink so register quick and it may be you. (ie if you have posted in this thread... register and I will probably sort you out with something... just don't bitch if someone else was a better suck up and is above you Wink

I accept bribes... Very Happy see you there.

Extra special shout out to Hunt: If you read this or it is passed on for you, as always I have a co-admin place for you if you want it.

P.S yes it didn't take me long to make it... trust me once you have made a few hundred of these things it never does >.< oh great now I sound like a nerd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we restart a fresh? New site?   Should we restart a fresh? New site? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should we restart a fresh? New site?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Sanctuary :: Announcements, Introductions, Help, And Off Topic Discussions :: Announcements-
Jump to: